1. Cold Fronts Spreads Throughout The United States- A extreme cold front is expanding around the United States as the “polar vortex” as most of the Midwest is facing subzero temperatures and the Deep South is facing cold as well. By Wednesday more than half the country will be in weather at zero degrees or colder.
2. Bangladesh’s Ruling Party Wins Polls- Bangladesh’s ruling party won one of the most violent elections on Monday, marked by street fighting, low turnout and a boycott by the Opposition party. During the election process, 18 people were killed at polling stations while 100 polling stations were burned to the ground.
3. Google Teams With Car Makers- Google has teamed with a slew of car makers to introduce the Android operating system to car vehicles. Car makers Audi, GM, Honda and Hyundai have partnered with Google to form the Open Automotive Alliance (OAA).
4. Bruce Springsteen Album Available For Stream- The new studio album from Bruce Springsteen is available to be streamed for free today. Called High Hopes, the album features Tom Morello and 12 songs.
5. BCS Championship Tonight- The college football championship is set to be played tonight by the Florida State Seminoles and the Auburn Tigers. Tonight’s game will mark the last BCS championship game until a playoff format is adapted.
Song of the Day: James Brown- It’s A Man’s World
Happy Birthday: Alex Turner, turns 27 today!
RIP: Dizzy Gillespie, died 11 years ago today.