1. Tornadoes Cross Midwest- Dozens of tornadoes caused massive destruction across the United States yesterday as they wreaked havoc throughout Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri and Ohio. At least six people have died so far due to the weather system.
2. Two Killed In Colorado Mining Accident- Elsewhere in the United States, two people were killed and 20 were injured from a carbon monoxide accident yesterday in southwestern Colorado. The men were wearing personal respirators and there did not appear to be any equipment malfunction.
3. Google And Microsoft Will Block Abuse Images- Google and Microsoft have agreed to make it much more difficult to search for images that feature abused children. As many as 100,000 search terms will now return no results that find illegal material and will trigger warning that child abuse is illegal.
4. Boeing, Airbus Ink Dubai Deals- Plane manufacturers Boeing and Airbus inked massive deals with the Persian Gulf yesterday as Boeing received contracts for $95 billion. Airbus has signed similar contracts with Persian airline companies.
5. RIP Doris Lessing- Author Doris Lessing passed away yesterday at the age 88. She was the oldest person to win the Nobel Prize for Literature and was of only 11 female winners ever.
Song of the Day: GRiZ- Gettin’ Life
Happy Birthday: Owen Wilson, turns 45 today!
RIP: Marcel Proust, died 91 years ago today.