1. Aid Pours Into Philippines- After the most destructive typhoon in the country’s history, millions of dollar in aid is pouring into the island chain of the Philippines. The UN has launched an appeal of $301 million and the United States has donated $20 million. As of today, 10,000 people have been feared to be killed with 673,000 people displaced.
2. Fewer Than 50,000 Sign Up For Obamacare- Although the official numbers from Obama administration will take a bit more time, the media is reporting that less than 50,000 people have signed up on the Obamacare website. The launch of the health care website has been marked with issues and has been a sort of embarrassment on the administration.
3. Wal-Mart Unveils Black Friday Plans- Wal-Mart will begin it’s Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving this year at 6 pm, two hours earlier than they began last year.
4. Princess Bride Headed To Stage- The classic fantasy-romance film The Princess Bride will be adapted for the stage by Disney Theatrical Productions. It is not known yet whether it will be a play or musical.
5. Florida Rookies Take Rookie Of The Year- Wil Myers of the Tampa Bay Rays and Jose Fernandez of the Miami Marlins took home the awards for Rookie of the Year in their respective leagues. Myers is a outfielder and Fernandez is a pitcher.
Song of the Day: Raekwon- Criminology
Happy Birthday: Russell Westbrook, turns 25 today!
RIP: Mitch Mitchell, died 5 years ago today.