1. Twitter Surges In It’s NYSE Debut- Twitter jumped 73 percent to close at $44.90 during it’s first day on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). It’s initial offering price was $26. Twitter delivered the biggest “pop” for an IPO since Alibaba.com debuted 2007, selling 70 million shares, raising $1.82 billion.
2. LA Police Arrest 54 People In Chinatown- The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) arrested 54 people in Chinatown last night as they protested a newly opened Walmart. Protesters swarmed the retail store criticizing the company’s employment employment practices. Some of the protesters were Walmart employees themselves.
3. Unemployment Rises To 7.3 Percent- For the month of October, unemployment rose to 7. 3 percent reflecting the brief furlough in government jobs. 204,000 employees were added to employers pay rolls.
4. Kanye West Pleads Not Guilty- Kanye West has pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor charge for attacking a paparazzi that took place outside Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The photographer alleges three charges that each carry jail time.
5. Star Wars Has A Release Date- The next Star Wars film has an official release date of December 15, 2015. The film will be directed by J.J. Abrams and John Williams will score the film.
Song of the Day: Angel Haze- Summertime Sadness
Happy Birthday: Tech N9ne, turns 42 today!
RIP: Bil Keane, died 2 year ago today.