1. Senate Ends Government Shutdown- The Senate has come to a compromise to end the government shutdown and lifting the debt ceiling. The Senate unveiled a plan late Wednesday that will fund the government through January 15 and lift the debt ceiling until February 7.
2. Laos Plane Crashes- A Laos plane crashed the Mekong River near the Laos capital of Vientiane Wednesday. The plane was carrying 44 passengers and 5 crew members. All 49 people on the plane are believed to have died.
3. Goldman Sachs Reports Revenue Drop- Goldman Sachs is reporting record revenue drops, saying revenues were down 22 percent this second quarter and 20 percent compared to a year ago. Goldman’s stock decreased 2 percent in premarket trading.
4. Adidas Announces SmartWatch- As tablets and smartphones has been in vogue for the best 6-7 years, the next major technology trend may be “smartwatches.” Adidas has now thrown their hat into the ring by announcing a smartwatch during GigaOm Conference.
5. RIP Ed Lauter- Character actor Ed Lauter died yesterday at the age of 74. Lauter was most famous for playing Burt Reynolds’ nemesis in The Longest Yard,
Song of the Day: Gang Starr- Ex To The Next Girl
Happy Birthday: Eminem, turns 41 today!
RIP: Levi Stubbs, died 5 years ago today.