1. Senate Leaders Close To Deal- Senate leaders said leaders said they were striking distance of a deal Monday to reopen the federal government and resolve the debt crisis. The White House postponed a planned afternoon meeting of congressional leaders with Barack Obama saying the schedule change would give is senators the chance to hash out a deal.
2. Earthquake Strikes The Philippines- An earthquake measuring 7.2 struck the Philippines on Tuesday killing at least 67 people. Many were killed while praying in a centuries old church and causing widespread damage to the infrastructure.
3. Apple Hires Angela Ahrendts- Apple has poached Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts as it looks to deepen it’s push into China. Ahrendts will be in charge of retail and online stores and will report to CEO Tim Cook.
4. Eminem Releases New Single- Eminem released a new single from his album The Marshall Mathers LP 2, appropriately titled “Rap God.” His new album will feature Kendrick Lamar and lead singer of fun.
5. “Real Housewife of New Jersey” Lands New Show- Caroline Manzo, has announced that this season of The Real Housewives of New Jersey will be her last. Manzo will starting her own show on Bravo.
Song of the Day: Eminem- Rap God
Happy Birthday: Emeril Lagasse, turns 54 today!
RIP: Betty Driver, died two years ago today.