1. Nobel Prize For Economics Awarded- The Nobel Prize just keep rolling out as three professors were awarded the Nobel Prize for Economics. The trio, Eugene Fama, Lars Peters and Robert Shiller will share a prize of $1.2 million.
2. Stampedes Kill 115 In India- A stampede at a Hindu Festival in India’s Ratangarh temple killed 115 people yesterday. Rumors are that stampede began when someone said the bridge they were walking over was about collapse.
3. Charlie Hunham Drops Out Of Fifty Shades of Grey- Actor Charlie Hunham, known for his roles in Sons of Anarchy and Pacific Rim turned down acting as Christian Grey in the mega book hit, Fifty Shades of Grey. Hunham dropped out because of a busy schedule.
4. Netflix Talking To Cable Networks- Netflix has been talking to US cable providers to offer its online video service as an app on their set boxes. The talks are in their very early stages and no deal is imminent.
5. Arcade Fire Playing Brooklyn This Week- A few posters have turned up around Brooklyn advertising that Arcade Fire performing as The Reflektors will be playing a small show in Brooklyn this week. One could figure out this has something to do with their new album’s release and CMJ.
Song of the Day: Beastie Boys- B-Boys Makin’ With The Freak Freak
Happy Birthday: Usher, turns 35 today!
RIP: Leonard Bernstein, died 23 years ago today.