1. House GOP To Propose Debt Ceiling Increase- Today, the House GOP will propose six week increase to the nation’s $16.7 trillion debt ceiling. If their is enough support withing the GOP party, a vote could be held this evening.
2. Libyan Prime Minister Freed After Kidnapping- Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zadan has been freed after after armed kidnappers abducted him early Thursday morning. The kidnapping was in retaliation over the United States arresting an Al-Qaeda leader.
3. Kwame M. Kilpatrick To Be Sentenced Today- Disgraced Detroit mayor Kwame M. Kilpatrick will be sentenced today for widespread corruption that prosecutors say deepened the city’s financial crisis. Prosecutors will seek the minimum 28 years in jail for Mr. Kilpatrick.
4. Alice Munroe Wins Nobel Prize For Literature- Canadian author Alice Monroe has been awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. The award is worth $1.2 million and given for a body of work, not a specific title.
5. Kris Jenner, Brody Jenner To Divorce- Kris Jenner and Brody Jenner will seek a divorce. The two never signed a prenup and their fortune is worth $125 million.
Song of the Day: Jerry Reed- When You’re Hot, You’re Hot
Happy Birthday: Geno Smith, turns 23 today!
RIP: Solomon Burke, died 3 years ago today.