1. Nobel Prize In Physics Awarded- The Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded to Francois Englert of Belgium and Peter Higgs of Great Britain. The two are credited with discovering the “Higgs Boson particle,” nominally known as the God particle. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences credited the duo with the “theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass subatomic particle.”
2. Egypt Considers Installing Cameras At Tourist Sites- Egypt is considering installing security cameras at multiple tourist sites in order to deter militants from targeting tourists. Al-Qaeda inspired militants have targeted security officials and police almost daily recently.
3. Redesigned $100 Bill Will Be Circulated Tomorrow- A new high-tech $100 bill will begin circulating tomorrow. The new $100 bill will be more difficult to duplicated, the “100” will be changed from copper to green and the new bill will feature a three-dimensional blue security ribbon.
4. Scarlett Johansson Named ‘Sexiest Woman Alive’- Scarlett Johansson has been named the ‘Sexiest Woman Alive’ for the second time by Esquire Magazine. Johansson was previously named ‘Sexiest Woman Alive’ in 2006.
5. Raiders Release Matt Flynn- The Oakland Raiders have released quarterback Matt Flynn. Matt Flynn signed a $6.5 million contract at the beginning of the season. Flynn currently holds the Green Bay Packers single game passing touchdowns record.
Song of the Day: Tyler, the Creator- Tamale
Happy Birthday: CL Smooth, turns 45 today!
RIP: Al Davis, died two years ago today.