1. Nobel Prize In Medicine Awarded- The Nobel Prize for Medicine has been awarded to American biologists, James E. Rothman, Randy W. Schekman and Thomas C. Sudhof, who “discovered the molecular principles that govern how this cargo is delivered to the right place at the right time in the cell.”
2. Oldest Medal Of Honor Recipient Dies- Nicholas Oresko, the oldest man to current hold a medal of honor died yesterday at the of 96. Oresko helped served with U.S. Army in 1945 and fought at the Battle of the Bulge.
3. Airbus Lands Landmark Order- The American airliner company Airbus scored a huge order as Japan Airlines ordered $9 billion worth of jetliners. The order is for 31 long-haul jetliners.
4. Gravity Breaks Records- The new sci-film Gravity broke box office records this weekends taking in $55.5 million. The film starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock had the biggest October opening since records began.
5. Josh Freeman To Sign With Vikings- Recently released Tampa Buccaneer quarterback Josh Freeman has been signed as a free agent by the Minnesota Vikings. Freeman signed a year deal worth $3 million.
Song of the Day: Gorillaz- Whirlwind
Happy Birthday: Thom Yorke, turns 45 today!
RIP: T Lavitz, died 3 years ago today.