1. Woman Killed In DC Chase- Capitol Hill was under a lock down Thursday morning as Miriam Carey, 34, was sought after in a high speed chase with police. Carey led a police chase down Pennsylvania Avenue, ramming into a gate protecting the White House. Carey was shot and killed by police.
2. Twitter Files IPO- The social media company Twitter has filed for their IPO and will trade under the symbol “TWTR.” In it’s IPO filing, Twitter said that 75 percent of its users entered the service through mobile devices and 65 percent of its revenue came from mobile ads.
3. Apple Buys Cue- Apple has acquired the “Google Now” like personal assistant company Cue. Beating out Dropbox, Apple is said to have bought Cue for a sum between $45-50 million. Cue couples information from social media sites to create almost a daily schedule for users.
4. Sleepy Hollow Renewed- In an entertainment atmosphere that makes basic cables success difficult, the Fox series Sleepy Hollow has been renewed for a second season. It is the first new show to be renewed this season.
5. Cincinnati Reds Fires Dusty Baker- The Cincinnati Reds have fired their manager Dusty Baker. Baker led the Reds to the playoffs three out of the last four years and won National League Manager Of the Year once during his tenure. His final record with the squad was 509-454.
Song of the Day: The Eagles- To It To The Limit
Happy Birthday: Derrick Rose, turns 25 today!
RIP: Janis Joplin, died 43 years ago today.