1. Government Shutdown Continues- The government shutdown took more a shape Monday as Democrats and Republicans traded insults over who was responsible for the shutdown. Senate Democrats still refuse to consider any budget bill with no extra measures attached while Republicans are seeking a measure that would delay Obamacare for a year.
2. Barack Obama Shortens Asia Trip- President Obama has canceled two stops on his four stop Asia trip. Obama was scheduled to visit Malaysia, the Philippines, Brunei and Indonesia. Due to the shutdown, Obama will not visit Malaysia and the Philippines.
3. Scribd To Launch “Netflix” For Books- Scribd is a website, where people can post documents, short stories or books. A site similar to YouTube, but for text. Now, the website is set to launch a “Netflix” for books, where an online subscription can give you access to a large library of digital books.
4. Paramount Pictures Laying Off Workers- Paramount Pictures is laying off 110 workers at its Los Angeles and international offices as the company compacts it’s business operations. The staff cuts would directly effect the company’s finance, human resources, information technology, international home media, distribution, legal and marketing departments.
5. Pittsburgh Pirates Advance- For the first time since October 13, 1992, the Pittsburgh Pirates have won a game in the MLB Playoffs. The Pirates defeated the Cincinnati Reds 6-2 and now will play the St. Louis Cardinals in the National League Division Series.
Song of the Day: Tyler the Creator- Look (feat. Hodgy Beats & Domo Genesis)
Happy Birthday: Kelly Ripa, turns 43 today!
RIP: Samuel Adams, died 210 years ago.