1. Earthquake Hits Pakistan- A earthquake registering at 7.8 magnitude hit a remote place in south-west Pakistan. As of 10:29 am on Tuesday, 6 people have been killed as of a result. Balochistan, the area hit, is the least populated area of Pakistan.
2. UN General Assembly Opens- The United Nations General Assembly opened this morning as United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon appealed world leaders to cease the construction of chemical weapons. A highlight of the day will be a speech given by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.
3. New York To Introduce “Text Stops”- In order to curb people from texting while driving, New York State will start having “Texting Zones” throughout their highways. Governor Cuomo announced Monday that 298 signs with messages like “It can wait, Text Stop 5 miles,” where drivers can stop and text.
4. Justin Timberlake’s Album Now Streaming- The new “king of pop’s” new album The 20/20 Experience Part 2, is currently streaming on iTunes. JT is fresh off an appearance at the iHeart Music Festival and oh yeah, release Part 1 like 3 months ago.
5. Pittsburgh Pirates Make Postseason- The Pittsburgh Pirates clinched their first postseason appearance in 21 years last night. It’s the first time the PIrates have made the postseason since Barry Bonds was on the team in 1992.
Song of the Day: Freddie Gibbs & Madlib- Harold’s
Happy Birthday: Robert Irvine, turns 48 today!
RIP: Dr. Seuss, died 23 years ago today.