1. Iran Seeks “Constructive” Dialogue- In an op-ed published in The Washington Post Thursday evening, Iranian President, Hassan Rouhani explained he wanted a “constructive approach” to contentious issues including his country’s nuclear program among other problems.
2. Pope Tells Church To End “Obsession”- In a somewhat controversial stance, Pope Francis has said that the church has grown “obsessed” with abortion, gay marriage and contraception. He told an interviewer, “It’s not necessary to talk about these issues all the time.”
3. JPMorgan Admits To Wrong Doing- JP Morgan has admitted that they were culpable for “London Whale” trading losses, that violated securities laws. JPMorgan will pay a $920 million penalty.
4. Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Part Ways- Disney studios and director/producer Jerry Bruckheimer will part ways after 2014. As one of the lead producers of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Bruckheimer was able to generate $5.4 billion for Disney.
5. White House To Curb Power Plant Emissions- The Obama administration will press forward with tough requirements for new coal-fired power plants, imposing for the first time, strict limits on the pollution blamed for global warming.
Song of the Day: Justin Timberlake- TKO
Happy Birthday: George R. R. Martin, turns 65 today!
RIP: Leonard Skinner, died 2 years ago.