1. Senator Ed Markey Stays On The Fence- In a vote to determine whether or not the United States should intervene in the Syrian Civil War, Democratic Massachusetts Senator Ed Markey, voted “present” instead of “yes” or “no.” The puts him on the fence in a highly contested debate.
2. George Zimmerman’s Wife Files For Divorce- George Zimmerman’s wife Shellie has filed for divorce less than two months after he was acquitted of murdering young teen Trayvon Martin. Shellie Zimmerman, 26 asked for an equitable distribution of assets.
3. Samsung Debuts Massive TV- Electronics giant Samsung unveiled a massive 98-inch TV yesterday. There is still no price for the massive TV yet but an 85 inch set will retail for $39,999.
4. Alec Baldwin To Host MSNBC Show- It was rumored that Alec Baldwin would replace Jimmy Fallon after Fallon moved to the late show, but now Baldwin will host his own late night show on MSNBC. The show will be called Up Late With Alec Baldwin.
5. NFL Season Kicks Off- The NFL season kicked off with a bang last night has Peyton Manning, tying an NFL record with seven touchdowns, defeated the Baltimore Ravens 49-27.
Song of the Day: The Mammas and The Poppas- California Dreaming
Happy Birthday: Eugene Hutz, turns 41 today!
RIP: Nicky Hopkins, died 9 years ago today.