1. France Backs US Action in Syria- Similar to the United States, France is ready to take action again Syria according to French President Francois Hollande. Hollande told the french newspaper Le Monde, a strike within days could not be ruled out. The United States is investigating whether or not President Bashar al-Assad used chemical weapons.
2. Same-Sex Married Couples Will Get Tax Breaks- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has determined that same-sex married couples will receive federal tax breaks wherever they live. Same-sex marriages will receive the same tax breaks a heterosexual marriage would receive.
3. Americans Want Congress “OK” To Enter Syria- Nearly 80 percent of Americans say President Barack Obama should seek Congress’ approval before entering Syria according to an NBC News poll. The British parliament voted Thursday and rejected any plan to enter the Middle Eastern country accused of using chemical weapons.
4. NFL Settles With Former Players- The National Football League settled with 18,000 former players yesterday regarding concussion-related brain injuries. The players will receive $765 million to be divided among them. According to the settlement $675 million will go the families and players,
5. RIP Seamus Heaney- Seamus Heaney, an Irish poet who won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1995, died today after a short illness. He was 74. Heaney was described as the most important Irish poet since Yeats.
Song of the Day: Gang Starr- Work
Happy Birthday: Lewis Black, turns 65 today!
RIP: Sterling Morrison, died 18 years ago today.