1. Go To The “Other” Music Festival- Electric Zoo may be taking over Randall’s Island this weekend, but what if I were to tell you there was another music festival, with almost better talent that was 100% free. Check out Fool’s Gold Day Off. All you have to is RSVP to see acts such as Duck Sauce, Danny Brown, A$AP Ferg, Run the Jewels, Migos and Party Supplies.
2. Go See Unicycles- A couple of weeks ago I posted an event about called Pogopalooza, tonight, go to the island that’s not “Long,” “Staten,” or “Randall’s.” Go to Governor’s Island for NYC Unicycle Festival. Enough said.
3. Go See James Brown vs. Fela- This should be fun. Go see a DJ throwdown between two of funks most influential artists Fela and James Brown at SRB Brooklyn.
4. Go See Opera- I just finished the book Bel Canto, so I’m kinda in opera. Go check out the Metropolitan Opera Summer HD Festival. It’s outside and their alcohol (for a price).
5. Go Outside- Summer is pretty much over.