1. U.S. To Sell Helicopters To Indonesia- The United States has plans to sell an entire fleet of Apache helicopters to the country of Indonesia for $500 million. Indonesia will buy eight helicopters in addition to training to their pilots, tactics and procedures for operating in south east Asia. It’s the first time the U.S. is selling defense weapons to Indonesia.
2. Switzerland Opening “Sex Chalets”- Switzerland has plans to open “sex chalets” today in order to regulate the sex industry and improve security for workers. The “boxes” will include no filming, photography or multiple customers. They are open from early evening until 5 am and have cost Switzerland 1.5 million Euro.
3. Instagram, Vine and Netflix Hit By Glitch- Several social media websites like Instagram, Vine and Netflix have been hit by an Internet glitch causing them to be unusable late Sunday evening. The glitch was caused by issues in the Amazon cloud server.
4. Eminem Announces New Album- In what has becoming a popular practice from artists, Eminem announced a new album last night via a “Beats by Dre” commercial. The album called MMLP2 or the Marshall Mathers LP 2 has no release date yet.
5. RIP Muriel Siebert- Muriel Siebert passed away on Saturday at the age of 80 due to complications from cancer. Siebert was the first woman to own a seat on the NYSE.
Song of the Day: Earth, Wind and Fire- September/99 (Shinichi Osawa Remix)
Happy Birthday: Big K.R.I.T. turns 27 today!
RIP: Dominick Dunn, died 4 years ago today.