1. Whitey Bulger Found Guilty- James (Whitey) Bulger, the former Boston mobster was found guilty yesterday for an array of mob-like crimes, including 11 murders. Bulger faces the prospect of spending the rest of his life in jail.
2. “Stop and Frisk” Laws Found Unconstitutional- A New York court found the NYPD’s “stop and frisk” laws unconstitutional Monday. Federal Judge Shira Scheindlin found the NYPD had engaged in widespread “indirect racial profiling.”
3. Bill Ackman Resigns From JC Penney- Activist investor Bill Ackman has resigned from JC Penney following frustrations with the retailers public leadership. On the board of directors, Bill Ackman released a five-page letter last week blasting the company.
4. Facebook To Develop Voice Technology- Looking to invest in voice technology, Facebook has acquired the voice recognition service Mobile Technologies. Facebook is trying to keep users engaged with their services by adding new products and services.
5. Lady GaGa “Applause” Leaks- An always polarizing figure, Lady Gaga’s single “Applause” was supposed to come out next week, however the track was leaked by herself yesterday.
Song of the Day: Chvrches- Now Is Not The Time
Happy Birthday: John Slattery, turns 51 today!
RIP: H.G. Wells, died 67 years ago today.