1. Wildfires Ravaging Southern California- Wildfires raged out of control in east Los Angeles late last night forcing the evacuation of three small communities. As of this morning, two firefighters and one civilian were injured.
2. Obama Cancels Putin Sitdown- President Barack Obama has canceled a sit down meeting with Russia’s President Putin. Obama canceled the meeting in response to Putin granting asylum to Edward Snowden. The sit down was part of a G-20 summit to be held in St. Petersburg.
3. Publishers Object To E-Book Plan- Major book publishers are objected to a plan proposed that would limit Apple’s influence in the e-book world. Currently, Apple sets the price for book. Under a new “agency model,” publishers would set the price for the books.
4. Winners In Powerball Jackpot- Three tickets matched the winner Powerball numbers of 5, 25, 30, 58, 59 and Powerball 32 last night. Two winning tickets were sold in New Jersey and one was sold in Minnesota. The Powerball jackpot was $448 million.
5. Time Warner Threatens To Pull More Channels- New York City cable provider Time Warner first pulled Showtime and CBS and now they are threatening more. Due to contract disputes Time Warner is threatening to pull Lifetime, E!, Style, Turner Classic Movies and the NHL Network.
Song of the Day: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young: Helpless
Happy Birthday: The Edge, turns 52 today!
RIP: Shirley Jackson, died 48 years ago.