1. Embassies For 19 Countries Stay Closed- While terror “chatter” continues to fuel caution throughout Washington D.C.’s embassies, 19 embassies from the Muslin world remain closed today. The embassies will be closed “at least” until the end of the week.
2. Russia’s Anti-Gay Law Garners Boycotts- A NYC bar and restaurant is calling for protests and boycott following Russia’s anti-gay laws. The United Restaurant and Tavern Owners Association of New York (URTO) and LGBT activists plan to dump vodka on the streets of New York later this afternoon.
3. Most New Jobs Are Part-Time and Low Paying- Even though this months unemployment report illustrated that 162,000 jobs were added, retailers led job gains with 47,000, while 60 percent of new jobs came from low-paying sectors.
4. Peter Capaldi Named New Doctor Who- Peter Capaldi, a British actor known for his work in the comedy series The Thick of It, has been announced as the 12th incarnation as Time Lord or Doctor Who. Doctor Who is a series that’s been around since 1963.
5. A-Rod To Be Suspended For the Rest of 2013, 2014- Beleaguered major leaguer, Alex Rodriguez will soon face a suspension that could have him sitting out for the rest of this season and next. The New York Yankees third baseman will appeal his suspension for his alleged use of PEDs and can play while the appeal process takes place.
Song of the Day: M.a.a.d. City- Kendrick Lamar
Happy Birthday: Funkmaster Flex, turns 45 today!
RIP: Sir Alec Guiness, died 13 years ago today,