1. North Carolina Tightens Voting Laws- Following the Supreme Court striking down key provisions of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, North Carolina passed a voting law last night that would require photo identification and to limit the time frame for early voting.
2. Lincoln Memorial Vandalized- The Lincoln Memorial was found vandalized early this morning as green paint was found splashed near the floor. The memorial will be closed until the paint is clean.
3. Halliburton Admits To Destroying Gulf Spill Evidence- Halliburton admitted yesterday to destroying evidence in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Halliburton will serve three years probation and pay a $200,00 fine.
4. Lady GaGa To Mount Comeback- Lady GaGa has not performed live since suffering a hip injury, facing her to cancel 21 tour dates. Now, GaGa will premiere her newest from the album ARTPOP at the MTV VMA Awards on August 25th.
5. Madison Square Garden Will Have To Move- The New York City council voted yesterday 47-1 that Madison Square Garden will have to relocate in 10 years. The move will coincide with massive renovations done to Penn Station.
Song of the Day: Jay Z- Heaven (K Theory Remix)
Happy Birthday: Kevin Spacey, turns 54 today!
RIP: William A. Mitchell, died 9 years ago, inventor of Pop Rocks and Cool Whip!