1. Failing Nose Gear Sends Southwest Jet Skidding Down Runway- The front landing gear of a Southwest Airlines jet failed yesterday causing the aircraft to skid down a 2,000 feet runway at LaGuardia Airport. The incident caused 10 injuries to passengers on board.
2. Royal Baby Born- Catherine, Dutchess of Cambridge gave birth to a baby boy yesterday at 4:24 pm weighing in at 8 pounds, 6 ounces. The baby will be third in line for the throne.
3. Netflix Adds Fewer Than Expected Subscribers- In the aftermath of House of Cards and Arrested Development, Netflix stock fell more than 6 percent after their second quarter report. The company added 630,000 subscribers.
4. Apple Hits One Billion Podcast Subscribers- Yesterday, Apple announced that it’s podcast subscriptions had hit one billion. The iTunes store currently has almost 250,000 podcasts.
5. Ryan Braun Suspended For Rest Of Season- Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun was suspended for the rest of the baseball season yesterday due to his ties with performance enhancing drugs (PEDs).
Song of the Day: Band of Horses- Window Blues
Happy Birthday: Slash, turns 48 today!
RIP: Amy Winehouse, died 2 years ago today.