“Blurred Lines” is the song of the summer. There is no contest at this point. “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk and “I Love It” by Icona Pop were in the running for a while, but “Blurred Lines” has great crossover appeal. It can be played on hip-hop stations, R&B stations and pop stations. It can even be played on radio stations claim to play no hip-hop (if you clip out T.I.’s verse).
Robin Thicke has stumbled onto something awesome. It was genius to film the video with actual nude models because it gained a lot of social media buzz, and the song just sounds good. It’s a throwback. It reminds me of a Marvin Gaye tune except for the fact he’s white and his father was Mr. Seaver in Growing Pains.
Here are “Five Throwback Songs That Remind Me Of ‘Blurred Lines.’
1. Marvin Gaye- Got To Give It Up
2. Sam Cooke- Another Saturday Night
3. Ohio Players- Love Rollercoaster
4. Marvin Gaye- Tammi Terrell- If I Could Build My Whole World Around You
5. D’Angelo- Untitled (How Does It Feel?)