1. Eliot Spitzer Seeks Another Run At Public Office- After Eliot Spitzer was busted in a high profile prostitute ring as governor of New York, it was uncertain whether he would try to run for public office. Following the lead of ex-Congressman Anthony Weiner, Spitzer announced on Twitter last night that he would run for New York City comptroller.
2. Egypt Islamists and Army Clash in Cair0- Following the dissolution of the Islamist led government by the Egyptian army, Morsi supporters took to the streets in Cairo yesterday and clashed with the army. According to reports 43 people were killed and more than 300 people were injured.
3. RIP Douglas Dayton- Douglas Dayton, the first president of Target died July 5 at the age of 88 following a long battle with cancer. Dayton’s family created the first Target store 61 years ago.
4. Movies Break Previous July 4th Box Office Record- Fueled by the animated Despicable Me 2′s five day total of $142 million, this weekends box office was the 10th best movie weekend ever.
5. Andy Murray Wins Wimbledon- Yesterday Andy Murray became the first Brit to win Wimbledon since Fred Perry in the 1930s. He defeated Serbian Novak Djokovic in straight sets.
Happy Birthday: Beck, turns 43 today.
RIP: Betty Ford, died 2 years ago today.