1. Obama Nominates New Head of FBI- President Barack Obama has nominated former Bush Administration official James Comey as head of the FBI. Comey was a former deputy attorney and will receive a 10 year term if confirmed.
2. Russian Missile Shipment Arrives in Syria- President Bashar al-Assad told Lebanese television yesterday they received a shipment of missiles from Russia. The arrive of sophisticated defense systems could undermine the peace talks the UN hopes to facilitate.
3. U.S. Economy Grew at 2.4 Percent- The U.S. increased less than expected during the first quarter at a rate of 2.4 percent. Slower inventory building and government cutbacks overshadowed the biggest gain in consumer purchases since 2010.
4. Nasdaq Fined $10 Million- Nasdaq, the technology stock exchange has been fined $10 million over its handling of the Facebook IPO. The charges levied against Nasdaq are for “poor systems and decision making.”
5. Amazon Announces New Series– After producing pilots of ten series, giving the consumers the choice to “vote” on which ones they’d make into series, Amazon has decided to pick up Alpha House, Betas, Annebots, Creative Galaxy and Tumbleaf.