1. Go See Star Trek: Into Darkness- The first one was awesome so why should the second one not be great? It’s receiving great reviews and includes the awesomely named Benedict Cumberbatch. J.J. Abrams may be the Steven Spielberg of our generation.
2. Check Out The Great Googa Mooga- In it’s second year, The Great Googa Mooga is a music and food festival held in Brooklyn. Hopefully there will be less issues than last year, but this years festival features The Flaming Lips, The Darkness and Kool and the Gang. It also has 85 food makers, 75 breweries and 100 wineries. Bring your appetite and your dancing shoes! For more information click here.
3. Listen to Some EDM Music- If indie rock really isn’t your cup of tea, check out the Electric Daisy Carnival at CitiBank park. This year’s lineup includes Eric Prydz, ATB, Calvin Harris and Afrojack. For me information click here.
4. Go To a Comedy Club- Comedy clubs are a really under utilized activity in NYC. There are so many of them, but we hardly go to them. Check Anthony Jeselnik at Caroline’s on Saturday. He does have his own show on Comedy Central.
5. GO OUTSIDE- It’s going to be a beautiful weekend.
What are you doing this weekend?